Thursday, October 21, 2010

MORE VINTAGE HALLOWEEN: MAGAZINE ADS


Chesterfield cigarettes


Riverbird, please e-mail me your address so I can mail your prize! Eleanor, you have contacted me but I still need your address!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's more vintage Halloween for you - this time, magazine ads. As with the Halloween covers, I've chosen the older vintage ads - except for the cigarette and beer ads. You won't see these in magazines anymore! 


Budweiser beer


Minneapolis Knitting Works,
Minneapolis, MN


Karo was one of the companies that
exploited the famous first-ever  
surviving quints, the Dionnes of Canada


This is an ad for a Black Cat sucker,
although I don't think it says so.


Old Home Bread! This one is of a
bit newer vintage, but I love the art!


Look how long Jell-O
has been around!



Wrigley's Doublemint Gum


Luxite Hose


Thomas Edison's National Phonograph
Company - This one's old!


This ad is from the 1940s. When I
was a kid in the 1950s, Baby Ruth
and Butterfinger bars were only a nickel!


Woolworth's, what a great old store.
Look at the low prices! These toys
are now sought-after collectibles.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

These are awesome, thanks for sharing!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What fun - I had no idea there were so many!!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hi friend! Great post..love all the covers- howyabeen??

Mickie Mueller Art said...

These are so cool! I just love old ads, the luxite hose is my fave, love that style!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love these vintage images...seems like I saw them not long ago! heehee! The black cat is one we will always remember! Happy Fall to you! ♥

Anonymous said...

huge thanks for sharing this... it's great!